Amritsar is one of the most popular cities of Punjab. Its historical, religious and political importance makes it top the list of ‘must-visit-places’. And as if this was not enough, the food calls for a separate visit. The weather is also very welcoming, winter is just receding in February, but the nip in the air isn’t gone totally.
3 days - 2 nights
- We reach Amritsar in the afternoon
- On the way to the hotel we stopover for some very famous chole bhatoore. After this finger-licking lunch, we go to our hotel and check in.
- Early evening we visit a local market and then stop over at Jalianwala Bagh.
- We visit the famous market. Boys and girls, be ready to shop for some juttis, pagdis, and everything colourful.
- For dinner we gorge on paranthas and lassis.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- We visit the Golden Temple. This might take us 2-3 hours. We will be carrying small replicas of the temple
so that all of us can appreciated and understand the architecture.
- We then have lunch at the very pious langar of the temple.
- At 2 we leave for the Wagah Border. The change of guard ceremony happens at 4 in the evening, but we want our seats, right? Plus, it’s a longish drive.
- Dinner will be some Amritsari naans and typically Punjabi chicken preparations. Butter chicken, anyone?
Ohh yes, the vegetarians can have their share of fun too.
- We have breakfast at the hotel.
- We check out and go to the airport for our flights.
- Commute within the city and to-back from Wagah.
- 2 meals on Day1, 3 meals on Day2, and 1 meal on Day3.
-Transport to and from Amritsar airport in a hired bus*
-Stay at a 3 star property on twin sharing basis
-Assistance from travel pal
- Visit to Wagah Border, JalianWalah Bagh and Golden Temple with a local expert
-Flight tickets to and from Amritsar.
- Any personal expense like shopping, etc
- Water bought for personal consumption
- *Those arriving a day prior or leaving at a time later or earlier than the scheduled bus
departure from hotel, need to pay extra for the commute to the airport.
- Anything not included in inclusions
Note: Contact us for recommended flights from your city to Amritsar. Single occupancy can be arranged at an extra cost.
Image courtesy: Siddhesh Kulkarni.