Amritsar is one of the most popular cities of Punjab. Its historical, religious and political importance makes it top the list of ‘must-visit-places’. And as if this was not enough, the food calls for a separate visit. Go to Amritsar to eat, shop, pray and shout out 'bharat-mata-ki-jai'.
3 days - 2 nights
- Reach Amritsar in the afternoon
- On the way to the hotel stopover for some very famous chole bhatoore. After this finger-licking lunch, go to the hotel and check in.
- Early evening you get to visit a local market and then stop over at Jalianwala Bagh.
- A visit to the famous market. Boys and girls, be ready to shop for some juttis, pagdis, and everything colourful.
- For dinner gorge on paranthas and lassis.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Visit the Golden Temple. This might take us 2-3 hours.
- You then have lunch at the very pious langar of the temple.
- At 2 you leave for the Wagah Border. The change of guard ceremony happens at 4 in the evening,
but you want your seats, right? Plus, it’s a longish drive.
- Dinner will be some Amritsari naans and typically Punjabi chicken preparations. Butter chicken, anyone?
Ohh yes, the vegetarians can have their share of fun too.
- Have breakfast at the hotel.
- Check out and go to the airport for your flights.
- Commute within the city and to-back from Wagah.
- 2 meals on Day1, 3 meals on Day2, and 1 meal on Day3.
-Transport to and from Amritsar airport in a private cab
-Stay at a 3-5 star property (depending on the requirement)
-Assistance from travel pal (if needed)
- Visit to Wagah Border, JalianWalah Bagh and Golden Temple with a local expert
- Food Trail with a local expert
- Flight tickets to and from Amritsar.
- Any personal expense like shopping, etc
- Water bought for personal consumption
- Anything not included in inclusions
Image courtesy: Siddhesh Kulkarni.